Saturday, April 10, 2010

30 Days of Self Love

A few weeks ago, while in my favorite book store, I picked up a novel by Louise L. Hay entitled “You Can Heal Your Life.” This book had been flowing in conversations surrounding me for quite sometime. I found it only necessary to purchase it.



The conversation of the book thus far has revolved around our thoughts, where they rooted from, how they affect us and altering them. Not too long when I was in Scottsdale Arizona visiting Kristen and her mom, Ellen- I was left with a quote that was instilled in my mind, “Faith is better than belief, because belief was someone else’s idea.”

It is rather absurd the way we live our lives, acting as though certain things are “just the way they are.” But the only reason they are that way in the first place is because that is what YOU choose to believe. Louise Hay’s believes that all “problems” route back to lack of self-love; no matter the topic. The two things that keep coming up for me during my reading of this book are my weight and money. Given, my conversation about health and money has shifted quite a bit over the last year. I have an abundance of money flowing too and from me (but could still use more, who couldn’t?!) And I have shed 10 lbs. over the last year- but that’s not good enough for me.

As Hay’s says, “you’ve tried everything else your whole life and it hasn’t worked. So why not try self-love and watch it wow you.” She was right, what do I have to lose?

Being as it may that I am some-what addicted to the internet and all of my viewers out there- I decided to take this public. The exercise I am about to introduce to you was inspired not only by Hay, but also by my dear friend at Soul-mate Experience. Although their exercise (released in their soon to be published book) was not verbatim of mine, our message is all the same- love the self and anything is possible.

Over the next 30 days I am going to honor, love and cherish my body, mind and soul. I have written out on my calendar a different body part for each day ranging from my hair and nails to my yoni and thighs; no part will go unnoticed and each part will get my full devotion that day. My month long journey will be documented here, for you all to see.

Although I am not attached to results and don’t doubt that this exercise will feed my soul, I do hope to come out lighter, happier and fitting into those jeans I miss oh-so-much.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. i'm excited to read this book. have it reserved at the library. great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you sweet thing, you sure take a small request to heart in a very big way! We're so blessed for meeting you and your willingness to explore and grow. Really looking forward to sharing your journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Megan!!! :) Interested in that new book by Soul-mate Experience! I'm going to take Louise Hay's book with me to read on the plane to Hawaii tomorrow. I refer to the ailments section of her book all the time, but have never read the entire book, so I'm looking forward to it!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Love to you...
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was ecstatic to read you blog about Louise Hay's book!!! I found it at the beginning of the year and it has changed my life! As suggested on Louise' website, I went on a 'mental diet' for one week: only positive thoughts allowed. I was going through a really tough time at work, but it was easy for me to think 'pink' about all these issues and even positively face the possibility of loosing my job. What was really difficult on the other hand, was having positive thoughts about myself. It was a very shocking realization!!!

    I've been working on that (with great help from Geneen Roth's 'Women, Food & God') for the past three months. I meditate, self-talk, use affirmations etc. and I can tell a HUGE difference.

    If we all loved our selves, there would be peace on earth... My commitment is to world peace begins with accepting and loving myself... that's what I am working on. Can't wait to follow your blog! Good luck.
    Love & Peace

    ReplyDelete